Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A dream journey

It had been years, perhaps even decades, that I had been dreaming of going to the GrandTetons, going to the Rocky Mountains! I had never been to Montana or Wyoming. I loved mountains and rivers. So earlier this year, I began the saving and the planning for this adventure.

Already I had learned that just seeing pictures of places was definitely not the same as going to those places!

Short outline of my trip: it was a solo journey. I flew into Boise, Idaho, staying one night there, rented a car and drove to West Yellowstone, Montana, for five nights, driving into Yellowstone National Park for three days. On the last of those days, I drove 100 miles through the park and exited the South Gate to drive to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, where I stayed for five nights, going into Grand Teons National Park for three days. Then I drove to Salt Lake City, Utah, stayed one night there and flew home the next day. All total, it was a twelve-day trip, and I was in four beautiful North Western states.

I am so completely happy that I did not miss seeing the Grand Tetons and the Rocky Mountains in person. As I traveled to Jackson Hole on the sixth day of my trip and rounded a bend in the road, they appeared to my right. They were magically lovely in all their rocky snow-covered heights against the bluest skies. They literally took my breath away! I had only experienced this kind of natural beauty three times before: in the Tennessee southern Smoky Mountains (near Byyson City), in the Grand Canyon, and at Yosemite.And now in the Tetons!












Still and all, as nice as the photos are, they do not do justice to the actual viewing expereince! I loved the Tetons immediately when I saw them.

I believe the photos above may be Turquoise Lake or Jackson Lake, but I'm not sure. More to come about the Tetons and Jackson Hole. And of course, about my dream journey!

to be continued


No comments:

Post a Comment