Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Getting into the 21rst century with blogging

Yep, that's the way I want to "spell" first with a -rst!  After all, it's my blog!

This is a short blog to introduce my blog to the world!

On my blog, I've already written "about me" and two other posts--one of which has already appeared on Facebook and the other I wrote a couple of years ago (and updated a couple of weeks ago), when I was thinking about blogging--not really knowing what blogging was exactly.

Perhaps you are already familiar with blogs and read several or even blog yourself. Or perhaps you, like me, are new to blogging and to reading blogs.  I'm hoping that you will enjoy reading my blog!

If this has been set up correctly, this post should be the first one that appears on Facebook.  And from now on whenever I blog and hit the publish button, a link to my new post should appear on Facebook.

Some of my posts on my blog will be things that I write on the spot so to speak--inspirational pieces that life calls to me to write.  Other posts will be pieces that I've already written.  Since I have retired, I have begun to write my memoirs and want to share them with you.

If you want to follow my blog, which I hope that you will,  my "promise" is to post at least once a week.  So if you should check back at a week's end, say Thursday or Friday, you will find a new post!

I want to say as Emily Dickinson wrote in her "Letter to the World," that my blog is "committed/To hands I cannot see;/For love of her [letter--my blog], sweet countrymen,/Judge tenderly of me!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment