Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Northern California--Part 3

As I'm leaving the coast of Oregon and heading into California, the Samuel H. Boardman Scenic Corridor is a lovely stretch of coast.


Though it doesn't show in all its beauty, often there would be so many colors of blues.

And oftentimes the sun would strike a scene and throw shadows in just the right way.

Once past Crescent City, California, the coastal redwoods began, and I drove through several stretches of redwoods, where a sign would tell us to turn on our head lights and where just a ribbon of the blue sky would show overhead through the greens! Truly no picture does these magnificent trees justice. You just have to be there and walk among them and feel their immense presence and smell them!







 Then I was in Trinidad, California, where I was to stay for the night. The next morning, I discovered it to be one of my favorites of the small towns. I liked the small cabin I stayed in and the delightful hike which the host had directed me to the next morning.


If you know me at all, you will know how excited I was to meet and converse with these sea kayakers taking off the Pacific Ocean here at Trinidad!


Trinidad, California.

There's more to come as I travel on the most curvatious road I've ever been on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment