Pages

Friday, October 19, 2018

Part 2--the Oregon Coast

The morning of Thursday, October 4, I say a brief goodbye to Portland and travel west to the coast on Route 26. It's about 90 minutes before I reach Coastal Highway 101!

There I stop at Ecola State Park for my first view of the Oregon coast and at Cannon Beach and the famous Haystack Rock.

As you will notice, the Northern Pacific Ocean beaches are filled with lovely sea stacks, but none more famous than this one--Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach.

I met two friends along the way!



Further along the coast on my way to Depoe Bay, my first stop for the night.

What I captured in this picture is the cars to the left--some of Coastal Highway 101--is quite high up!

A high hike at Cape Lookout between Tillamook Bay and Pacific City. Look through the trees and see the shore; I could hear the roar of the surf on this hike.



Depoe Bay at sunset where I stayed at the Inn at Arch Rock and got to view lots of whales coming into the bay the next morning.

A home I came across hiking aroound Depoe Bay at sunrise--the flowers here love the mild climate.

After Depoe Bay, I traveled south to Bandon-on-the-Beach. The day was cloudy and light rain. On this day I crossed many long, high bridges over inlets and bays.



Famous sea lions just a few feet away from the bay front at Newport. We all laughed when they barked.

Even on a cloudy day, the coast is beautiful.

Lighthouse at Bandon.

Bandon Beach.


Though I came across lots of cars heading north with surf boards on their tops, I only saw these guys wind surfing.

Typical beaches with logs washed up. Those are large logs to the right.

Stay turned--I'm about to cross over the California border and get into the legendary redwoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment